Tips for #NaNoWriMo So Far This Week:
Yes, I'm a two-time veteran. And having written so damn many manuscripts I know how to get tripped up and how to untrip myself. Hope these help.
1. If you have an idea but don't know where it goes, write it anyway. You'll need it for the dreaded middle.
2. Whenever you're feeling strong, surpass your daily word goal. So you have some words banked.
3. Don't take the time to name any characters. Just assign a letter & do it in December.
4. At the end of a work sesh, write a sentence leading into the next scene, so ur not left hanging.
5. Don't be tempted to stop and do research. Leave a placeholder, i.e. "Brilliant facts about X go here."
6. Avoid editing temptation. After a sesh, make a page break & write a sentence of the next scene.
7. Don't fall into the trap of always using description to fill word count. Move to the next scene.
8. Set up mini- rewards tied to mini-goals. Like a few M&Ms, cup of tea, or a warm neck wrap.